Monday, September 27, 2010

Cycled in again

The kitties had arrived on Friday night and we adopted them on Saturday. We played with them and fed them milk and cat food, brushed them (I had no idea you could brush a cat) and took very good care of them. Tuesday night they made me feel super guilty while I was painting the laundry room. They sat in the window sill and watched me and even took a nap there. Wednesday Eric went and bought a house and a bed for them because "you can not just keep those cats in a box in a tree, they need a house." When he got home we had to tell him they had not been around all day and unfortunately we have not seen them since. We are still deciding if we should get more and try this again, or return Eric's purchases......

We had a good week with school and a productive week with painting (no pictures yet, still a work in progress). We even made time for a tail gate party and a Cambridge Trojans football game Friday night. (It is so weird when I am in Nebraska I think I see Michigan people and the same way around in Michigan.) Then Eric went all out and even went with us to "Herritage Days Parade" on Saturday morning!



We left Sunday morning for the trip home the roads and the traffic were good, the girls not so much. The first time we went I planned for weeks for the ride, the second trip a little, this time not so much and it showed. The girls were carried to their car seats at 4:00 a.m. Gently tucked in with their precious blankies, and snuggled in with their pillows. One would think they would fall back asleep at such an hour, they know now how long the ride is, but ohhhhh nooo. They talk and laugh and I hope in silence that the chattering will stop and they will fall asleep. I do not put a movie in because I figure they for sure won't sleep but I may change that way of thinking. We drove through the McDonalds drive through at 4:43 a.m. and were greeted by a chipper woman telling us the drive through would not open until 5:00 a.m. and the girls thought that was just crazy. We broke into the snacks we had packed and hit McDonalds again in Iowa. They were a little quiet around Lincoln but I am not so sure they slept.




We stopped at a gas station and thought it looked like the perfect photo op. Then our high light of the trip, The Worlds Largest truck stop! They climbed in two of the trucks and played around and took their picture by the third. Then they got to choose a stuffed animal can you say, spoiled????? I was thinking this would stop the bickering and fighting but the animals spent more time up by me than with their new owners. I will be rethinking my strategy for the ride home.


















We made it back just in time to catch the tail end of Grandpa Brouwers birthday party, it is good to be home and see family!



















No comments:

Post a Comment