Sunday, June 19, 2011

Medicine Creek Days

We got to experience our first Medicine Creek Days this weekend and we all had a blast! It started Friday night with the Big Wheel races. Kylie was all pumped to do it and Karinda was very bummed she was to old. Once we got downtown however Kylie decided no she didn't want to do it. After watching a few younger age groups and seeing you get a big package of m&m's she gave it a try. She was in no hurry but she had fun. Then later we went to the park for an awesome fireworks display.
Karinda had the choice to skip the swim meet this week and stay in town for the festivities. We rose bright and early Saturday morning and I ran the Medicine Creek 5k. It was hot but I got it done in 29:46 (my goal was under 30 minutes, so I just made it.) Then it was back home to get cleaned up and head back for the parade.

These are our friends Mallory and Brylyn waiting to get all their candy. We did not do a float for NCP this year and I was told the floats were really simple. I am actually glad we just took it in this year because there were some really awesome floats! Good to know for next year. After the parade everyone flocked down to the park again for some awesome food, inflatables for the kids and just hanging out with friends. Later in the afternoon we went to the pool for the duck dive. It is a fund raiser for the Chamber of Commerce. You can buy a duck with a number on it before hand. Then they put all the ducks in the pool and have people dive in and pick out a duck. If they pick your number you get to pick a prize donated by the local businesses. I bought four ducks and three of them got picked! We got tickets to a Huskers football game with spending money, golf lessons for Eric (Happy Fathers Day), and a game and stuffed animal for the kids. Beginners luck I guess, I don't anticipate that happening again.


At night we got a babysitter for the girls and headed to the beer tent and street dance. SOOO much fun!!!!


We are going to end our weekend with another All Glory worship service tonight. Super fun weekend but busy too, I don't know if I could do that every weekend.














No comments:

Post a Comment