Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crafting and Creating

Since the beginning of the year there has been lots of creating and crafting going on here.  More on my part than the girls but they have been doing some too.
 It was a proud moment Saturday morning when we got up and the girls were so nicely playing checkers under the fort they made instead of sitting mindlessly in front of the TV.  After the first of the year we created "screen time tickets" to encourage them to find other things to do instead of watch TV, and it seems to be working!
 I bought fabric to make curtains for the front windows of the house
in October and finally got the motivation to get them done.  I love them!  They are super simple so I added denim flowers on them to spice them up a bit.


After doing so much traveling and trying to become more organized while doing it I made these bags to hang on the back of the seats.  They have a few issues yet but this could work better than anything we have had yet.  There is a big pocket in the back for larger coloring books, notebooks, and games.  The next pocket holds the DVD player.  I used Eric's old jeans so it has pockets built in for RedBox movies.  (The best invention ever, RedBox that is.)  The next pocket holds books and the bottom panel has a larger pocket and individual marker pockets.  Unfortuntaely it is no where near ready for Etsy yet, but it is a good starting prototype and we can go from there. 
 I saw that my cousin Jen had made something like this and I thought it was sooo cute.  Hopefully the sisters quote will soak in their little heads.  The last couple days they have been more like enemies.
I wanted to hang some of our rules of the house.  Lynette Bell had the words thing on her blog.  The one next to it is our screen time rules.  And the ones below I made for the girls for Valentines Day.  It has their names and we love you because...under the glass and then we can write different things with white board marker on the glass.  They think it is the greatest!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment