Saturday, June 2, 2012

We left Nebraska on April 16 for Michigan.  The girls and I were going to stay for a month (which seemed like a really long time) and then head back to Nebraska for two months, after that we planned to "spend more time in Michigan."  A.k.a. (move back to Michigan), but it doesn't seem like a normal move because we still needed to keep the house functional in Cambridge so we can come back for Eric to work and us to visit our friends.  We all have grown to love Cambridge so we really do not want to say goodbye.  We have met some of the best friends and I feel like we have all grown a ton.  When I started homeschooling I said I wanted to do this for two years, and didn't think it would be good for any involved to do any more than that.  And we are nearing the end of two years already.

On Wednesday, April 17, Eric flew to Pennsylvania to an auction for another ethanol plant.  We had mixed feeling about the whole thing.  We were just getting to a place where our family life was getting comfortable and Eric wasn't crazy busy all the time.  But it was an awesome opportunity too.

By late in the day it was looking like they where going to get it and by 8-9:00 that night they were the proud owners of a 110 million gallon a year plant in Clearfield, Pennsylvania.  That following weekend we headed up north for the weekend and it felt very much like deja-vu.  When they got the plant in Cambridge, we went up north for the weekend and on Monday he headed out and the crazyness began.  Same here, on Monday he headed out and the crazyness began.

Only on the home front it was a little different this time, this new devolopment changed things for everyone.  I am a little older and wiser and we have been here and done this.  I know knew what the road ahead looked like, (not an easy one.)  No longer where we heading back to Nebraska for two more months (sudden change of plans are kindof hard I found), Eric wasn't going to be there so it seems a little silly to be there homeschooling without him, even though we miss our friends terribly.  So now the girls were going to be staying in school through the rest of the school year (which they do love.)  The other things that were different this time was we were living at Eric's parents house, which was fine through the middle of May, but now the time frame was indefinate because the renters in our house had no place to go.  This is where I was not emotionally doing so well, (a.k.a. I will admit I turned into a brat.)  I missed my husband, my friends, and I had no space of my own.

I am slowly realizing/remembering that God is in control and will do everything in His time and He just wants us to lean on Him a little more in the harder times.  Unfortunately I can't say I have done a good job with that, but I am learning.
The girls adore Mr. Wayne (Eric's parent's neighbor) he came over and gave the girls golf cart driving lessons.  So fun!!!


There was a really nice night and I had spent a little quiet time at the beach in the afternoon so the girls thought it would be a great night for a picnic at the beach.  I thought it sounded like a great idea and then Cliff and Karen could have dinner without us for once.  We ate our sandwiches and the girls asked if they could go look at the water.
After a bit I saw them jumping and I knew the temptation had been too strong.  They were jumping the waves, it was nice, but not that nice.
The girls have been enjoying school, especially the special days like nerd day.
And crazy hair day!
Mothers Day, my girls and I, there have been some rough adjusting days but overall they have done pretty good through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment