Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nebraska Life

Eric's parents are watching the girls so I could come out to Nebraska to start to look for a house. (Thank mom and dad) I told the girls I would take a picture of the pool and the park while I was here. This is the older part of the park, but still very nice, and nicely shaded!


The new part of the park looks like a lot of fun!



The pool would look a lot more inviting with sun, water, and other kids by the time we get here there should be both.




Oh Boy, that is all I can say, it is completely overwhelming to be looking for a house.

I did, however, learn a few things about Nebraska yesterday. When someone across the table from me ordered Dorothy on his salad, I quickly whispered "What is that?" Apparently it is like french dressing but everyone here calls it Dorothy. So, good to know when ordering salad. The second thing I learned at lunch was about "tanking", oh boy you might say. I guess it is kind of like rafting in Michigan only you tip a cow feeder upside down and sit in it with lawn chairs and float down the river. I am thinking I have a lot to learn about Nebraska life, I think it will be an adventure.






1 comment:

  1. Kate will you be gone for more then a year? Best wishes in the move and the house search.

    ReplyDelete